We all know somebody who gets the benefit of the doubt in everything they do. No matter what, people trust their judgment and feel relaxed and confident about this person’s decisions and choices. We may begin wondering why this person gets what they want just about every time.
So, how do they do it you ask? Who are these people and what can you do to have similar results? Maybe you are someone who succeeds in getting what you want all the time. Maybe you just don’t realize it.
Here are 5 types of people who get what they want every time. Check the list out below to see where you fit in and how this may correspond to your life and habits.
1. People Who Get What They Want, Set Goals And Have In Mind Realistic Ways To Achieve Them
Being realistic about what you want, when you want it and how you want it to be done while also being aware of possible constraints and limitations helps in setting the pace for the future. Coming up with a plan is always a good way for this type to person to set realistic goals and look at ways in which they can achieve them. This type works to achieve in processes, meaning they have a patterned way they go about dealing with everything which eventually leads them up to their success.
2. People Who Get What They Want Think About How They Appear When They Approach Others
They also know how to ask for things and know when to do so appropriately. Timing is everything. You would not want to ask someone for a favor when that person is in an obvious state of anger and distress. Nor would you want to approach someone and demand that they cater to your needs right away.
Instead people who fall into this category are observant and use good timing techniques in order to approach others. They observe and wait until the timing is right and the right “mood” is there in order to do the asking. Yet if you fall in this group you are also an action taker meaning you take action in order to achieve, you just make sure that everything is in place in order to ensure the best outcome.
3. People Who Get What They Want Train Their Minds To Constantly Think Positive Thoughts
Optimism is what drives these go-getters and what sustains them. By waking up every day and promising yourself that the day will be full of positivity while actually going about the day spreading this cheery enthusiasm, that reflection of your character affects others around you in a good way. It’s hard for people to say no to someone who is always so down-right confident, enthusiastic and bright.
Furthermore, negativity for this type is always a brief passing feeling, limited by their focus on keeping their thoughts positive and staying around positive people for encouragement. When feeling down, they express those feelings and have the positive support of others to help guide them back into their cheery dispositions. While optimism is sometimes hard to find, this type doesn’t let that get in the way of progressing with their goals and influencing their outlook. They spread the cheer and ensure that others are there to support them and in return support others.
4. People Who Get What They Want Do Not Over Think
Thinking too much can get you in a bind and leave you wondering whether or not you can be successful at something just because small details suddenly become major! Focusing on what is important to accomplish and why it will make you happy is vital to success. Five thoughts people in this group try not to focus on are;
- Am I capable of doing this or achieving that? Confidence is the key ingredient in getting what you want. You are as capable as you see yourself to be and can achieve what you set to achieve if you keep your head held high. Even though it sounds cliché, ask any go-getter you know who has been met with success about this, they will tell you.
- What if they don’t like me? Face the fact that not everyone is going to genuinely like you but presenting yourself as someone who deserves respect and is worth be acquainted with goes a long way in getting the best results.
- What if I fail? There is never any failure in trying. At least you tried and that makes a big difference. Think success and don’t think too much on all that can go wrong. Folks of this type see everything as a learning experience.
- Am I smart enough to make these decisions and choices I want to make? You don’t have to know everything to always receive the answer yes.
- What if I look or sound weird and awkward? And so what? Everyone has flaws and people in this group tend to embrace theirs
5. The Last Group Of People Who Get What They Want By Being Persistent
Many times others might take a bit longer of time in making decisions either because they forget, do not know how to respond or are simply busy. By approaching others and reminding them what you have asked or about your goals, you keep these people aware that you are seeking something and that you are not ready to step down until you get an answer.
Persistence is key, especially in this day and age as well as determination. In my experience, I have noticed that people respond well to those who are determined. It gives this type a sort of stamina that demands attention. A positive effect not only on you – if this is you or someone you know – but also on those around. Persistent quite different from annoyance, gets the job done and produces the results you want to see. Being keen and eager is a strong trait and there is definitely no shame in that for this type. If you fit in here your enthusiastic nature tends to win in due course.
Lastly, one thing all of these types have in common is confidence, confidence, and more confidence. Being self-assured convinces people that you are definitely a go-getter, ready to pursue your goals and to take action. Remember though, that being honest about what you are looking for helps in determining what it is that you actually need. Distinguishing between what you want and need will also better impact your success rate and achievement. Making too many demands of those around you can have a negative impact on the way they respond in the future. Make sure you also allow others room to ask for help and favors. Ensure the cycle continues.
Furthermore, these 5 types of people who get what they want, every time also had to go through rejection at some point in order to learn from their mistakes. By being rejected, you learn to improve where it is needed and also learn that rejection is definitely not the end of the world. Eventually getting what you want will have you remembering a time when you had to compete for what you wanted. This in turn will only make you stronger with success just one step away.
Are you one of these 5 types of people? What is it that YOU want? Tell us in the comments below.